Hi there, welcome to the re-launch of Blogthority.com – the website designed to help bloggers increase their earnings without spending any more time on their blogs.
The two main challenges I faced when trying to increase the revenue of my sites were:
1) Knowledge – it took me about 18 months to really figure out how to make some decent money. I make no claim to being an “expert” since the more I learn, the more I realize how much I don’t know. However, I hope to pass on some of the lessons I’ve learned since that knowledge would have been helpful to me when I started.
2) Time – I have a full time job, a wife, 2 little kids and a house. I can’t just “work harder” since I’m already giving everything I got! I found that one of the keys to increasing my income was learning to figure out which parts of blogging were making money and focusing more on that. This meant cutting back on other aspects of blogging in order to increase earnings without spending more time on blogging.
What kind of posts will Blogthority have?
Most of the posts will be either points about how to make more money or blog improvement suggestions.
I would love to say that this material will be helpful to all bloggers but I think the following types of bloggers will benefit the most:
- Someone who has been blogging for at least 6-12 months and isn’t making very much money. Once you get past the 1 year mark and have a good archive then you are at a point where your blog should have good earning potential. If you aren’t making at least a couple hundred a month then you need to make some changes.
- Just starting – It is almost impossible to make any meaningful dough in the first 6 months…or more likely 12 months, but knowing how to set your blog up for greater earning potential will pay off down the road.
- Already making decent dough. This person already has things figured out and I doubt I can add much. However, you are welcome to stick around and add/correct to my information.
I would love to hear from anyone who can apply any info from this site and experiences an income gain (or even if you don’t). I’m not promising huge increases, slow and steady gains are the key to long term earnings growth.
FYI – the material will not be posted in a “course” format (ie sequential). Once I have posted enough material then I’ll create a summary page which I’ll link to in the sidebar which will serve as a guideline to the material. There won’t be any set posting schedule – just when I have something to publish.