BT Active Discussions
This is a recent comments plugin that displays customizable number of blog posts with recently updated comment. The output is very similar to phpBB’s View Active Topics and vBulletin’s Today’s Posts functions.
- Download ZIP file from WordPress.org Plugin Directory
- Copy bt-active-discussions folder into your plugins folder
- Activate the plugin
- Add to any page you’d like to show the discussion table
There are five options that you can customize by editing the plugin file.
- $show_credit_link = 1; // set to 0 to remove credit link*
- $inc_trackbacks = 0; // set to 1 to include trackbacks
- $max_topics = 30; // the number of posts you want to display
- $show_gravatar = 1; // 0 = off / 1 = on
- $excerpt_length = 250; // number of characters in excerpt. set to 0 for no excerpt.
* I put a lot of work into this plugin and would appreciate your support by keeping the credit link intact. Thank you.
Tested on WordPress 2.5.1 through 2.7
Your donation to this project is greatly appreciated. Please donate via PayPal.
1.2.0 : Added Gravatar and comment excerpt support (contributed in part by Richard Strauss)
1.1.4 : Added padding to output to improve the look
1.1.3 : Shows the correct local time instead of GMT time
1.1.2 : Correct some path issues
- Removed one option
- Rewrite SQL query to speed it up by a factor of 10
- Add two options (1) to easily remove credit link and (2) to remove one SQL condition.
- Also corrected installation instruction — i.e., NOT %%bt-active-discussion%% (without the “s”)