When I first started blogging, I had no clue about making money. I didn’t even know it was possible to make money from a blog. It only took a few months before I realized that not only can you make money, you can make a lot of money.
Unfortunately it took me about 18 months until I finally figured out how the whole “money blogging” thing works to the point where I could make a bit of money at it. When I look back, I wish I knew then what I know now.
Bob Lotich from ChristianPF.com is a big time money blogger. He started his first blog back in early 2007, but didn’t make a serious effort to make money until losing his job in 2008. By March of 2009 he had surpassed the income from his former job.
Bob is a real expert at making money from blogging and he is offering a course to teach other bloggers how to do the same. The course costs money, but I think it is very worthwhile for someone who is either just starting out, or has been blogging for a while and isn’t making much money.
Note – The links in this post are affiliate links which means that I get paid if you sign up for the course through those links. I’d like to pretend that money doesn’t influence me, but the reality is that if the money didn’t matter – I wouldn’t have included the affiliate links.
This is true of every affilate link you see – the writer is ALWAYS biased. Take everything with a grain of salt.
Affiliate opportunities give me motivation to write reviews or posts – they never influence my recommendations. If I don’t like a product or service, I probably won’t write about it (unless I really hate it and have to tell the world). 😉
In this case, I know this course will help a lot of bloggers. I really wish I could have taken something like it back when I was starting out. It would have advanced my money blogging “career” by at least a year.
What about Bob?
I’m very hesitant to sign up for online courses with people who claim to be experts. There are a lot of real estate investing and stock trading courses offered by people who made money (or so they claim) when the markets were doing well. Now they just teach. The overwhelming majority of “make money blogging” bloggers have never made a penny from blogging, except for money made teaching others how to make money blogging. 🙂
I’ve known Bob through his blog for a long time and he is a real pro. He’s knows what he is doing when it comes to blogging and making money. The material in this course will help you make more money if you apply it properly.
About the course
The course is a webinar format which means you sign in on your computer and can interact with Bob and his partner, Jonathan Milligan. It takes place over five Thursday evenings starting on May 12 at 9:00 pm EST. Private forums will be available for course members.
The cost of the course is quite reasonable. $247 for all five webinars and my readers get $50 off for a grand total of $197 for the course.
Use the code “BT50” to save $50.
I think that if you have the desire and ability to make money blogging, this course will pay for itself fairly quickly.
Each webinar will be about 90 minutes of content and then Q&A.
There are a number of extras provided like copies of the webinars along with a download of all written resources.
Who should take the course?
I think the best candidates are bloggers who are in the first year or so of blogging and are trying to figure out how to make some money. Bloggers who have been at it longer and aren’t making much money would likely benefit as well.
Will it be easy? Probably not. This course will put you on the right path with the right tools. You still have to go and do the hard work. One of the many benefits of this course is that it will help you avoid the many months of trial and error that both Bob & I (and many other bloggers) went through trying to figure out how to make money.
Interview with Bob
I talked with Bob recently on the phone and he answered a few questions that I had. I didn’t record the conversation, so I’m just summarizing his answers:
Mike: Is this course applicable to blogging topics that aren’t personal finance?
Bob: Yes. The course is about blogging your passion – whatever that passion is. It is a lot easier to blog about something that you are passionate about. Most topics have monetization potential and there are many ways of monetizing blogs.
Mike: Do you cover keyword research in the course?
Bob: Yes – keyword research is one of the main sources of traffic. Most people use search engines to find information, so if you want to be read by more people, you have to learn how SEO (search engine optimization) works.
We chatted for a while about blogging and the blogging webinars. It was quite obvious that Bob and Jonathan have spent a huge amount of time putting this course together and that they are very passionate about the course.
If you wish to read more about the course or sign up – click here. Use the code “BT50” to save $50 off the price.
- What to do in the first 24 working hours of your blog
- The Behind-the-Scenes Checklist (Domains, Hosting, WordPress, etc)
- The Blog Design Checklist (Proper SEO, Must Have Plugins, Themes, Analytics, Logo Headers, etc)
- The Social Media Checklist (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.)
- The Content Creation Checklist (Your first few posts)
- The Monetization Checklist (Simple Income Ideas)
- 20 Different Types of Posts You Can Use
- How to Target Keyword Phrases for the Search Engines
- How to Do Fast Article Research
- Fast Content Creation Strategies
- Article Topic Ideas Spreadsheet Explained
- Understanding the Difference Between Time Management and Self Management
- Learning How the Pareto Principle Applies to Blogging
- What The Parkinson’s Law States
- Education vs. Experience
- Action vs. Activity
- Part-time Blogger Time Management Tips
- Full-time Blogger Time Management Tips
- Developing Social Media Traffic Systems (Get Your Content Viral)
- Developing Search Engine Traffic Systems (Rank on 1st Page of Google)
- Developing Internal Traffic Systems (RSS Readers, Mailing Lists)
- Multiple Streams of Blogging Income (Over 20+ Income Streams Explained)
- Introduction to the “Profit Ladder“
- Setting Up a Sales Funnel for Your Blog
- Earning a Passive Income from Your Mailing List
- Low Maintenance Income Ideas
- Passive Income Ideas
- Personal Involvement High Income Ideas